What an investment casting supplier says about its company and products can be vastly different from what their customers say.
When looking for an investment casting supplier that’s right for you ask them to provide you with two or three references.
For best result ask the references the following questions and see how the investment casting supplier you’re considering stacks up.
1. Do they have good quality control? (Are their castings right the first time, every time? Are they high-quality, functional and reliable?)
2. Do they have short lead times? (A shorter lead time means you’re faster to market.)
3. What are they like to communicate with? (First, can they be reached by phone or are you shoved into email jail? Second, do they understand what you’re asking and give answers in a clear concise fashion?)
4. Do they have quick response times on quotes? (Some suppliers take two or more weeks to produce a quote. Faster quoting means shorter manufacturing times in your factory.)
5. Does the investment casting supplier meet delivery dates? (Our research indicates on time delivery is one of the top concerns of investment casting buyers.)
6. Do they make purchasing easy? (The last thing you want is a supplier that makes you jump through hoops to purchase investment castings)
7. Is the investment casting supplier established? (How long has the supplier been in business? (The longer the better, as long as they’ve kept their equipment up to date.)
8. Are they innovative? (If you give them a complex casting challenge do they have the kind out of the box thinking to overcome your challenge?)
9. Are they responsive? (If you have a question or concern about your castings does the supplier get back to you quickly?)
Rimer investment castings are a winning combination of high quality, fast turnaround, and on-time delivery. Visit us at www.rimerinc.com or call us at 419-878-8156.
Got questions about investment casting? We’re always looking for questions from our readers we can answer in our newsletter.